Wednesday, March 3, 2010


On the way down we took one wrong turn, which bypassed the Reefton Spur (don't worry, I got to do it on my way back) and sent us down a bit of a goat trek, which was most windy and enjoyable until the logging trucks came our way. Wow! Just made it!
...and then there was the Gravel Road!
26km of dirt!
The most I dared to do was 40km/hour on the straight...
I kept telling myself: Stay off the front brake and don't fight the bike. Hold on with your knees and don't swear so much! The Ninjalista knows what she's doing!
Those downhill 25s were a worry where the gravel had been pushed into heaped lines, but it all worked out for myself and the Goldwing behind me....everybody else had been taking off at great speed...ah well at least we did not have to 'eat their dust'.

When we finally arrived at the beginning of the bitumen it was such a relief that I had managed that road without any disasters and just quietly I have to admit that I was very, very proud of myself too.

No comments: