Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Island (WSBK 2010) Time to go home

I was supposed to meet the Ducati gang at the San Remo petrol station at the civilised hour of 8:30am. My Sunshine Coast room mates had warned me that the alarm will go off at 5:30 in the morning, which was fine with me...(it had to be...they were not going to change it on my behalf, were they??!!) So it went off. It was dark and Nev's booming voice piped up from the double bed bunk, telling us all about how he had just been on the set of MASH and certainly enjoyed the company of HotLips...

"She is really hot!"

"and did you know that Radar is really quite short???!"

..."and that they have huge Goannas living under their floorboards!"

That's when I could no longer contain myself and I burst out laughing. What imaginative dreams that guy has!

Another one of those Nev-Moments was to follow...ehemm, guys...sorry, but we have a bit of a mishap here...pause...the alarm went off an hour early!

Aarrrrgh!

They were the first to leave the camp thundering through the gravel and down the road.

Now that they had got me out of dream world at 4:30am I made it to the meet-point about half an hour early. I had some time to inspect the drive chain that had suffered from a big dose of gravel road riding. It was dry and dusty and in need of some lube, which I thought to have brought under the pillion seat, but when I went to grab it I came to realise that I had left it at home on the shelf.

What's a girl to do...other than relying on the kindness of her friends? Rely on the kindness of Motorcycle shop owners!
What a coincidence! I look up and there is this sign.









Thank you for lubing my chain for nix! The Ninjalista and I very much appreciated it.

No comments: